TAFTALKS 2020 REPORT | The Definitive Guide to Foodservices for Facilities (Catering for the Post COVID-19 Customer)
On 21st October 2020, the TAF Catering Consultancy presents a phenomenal insight into how UK workplaces can change their habits around foodservices to a transformed post COVID-19 employee who needs 24/7 feeding (in the office or at home).
TAF has observed COVID-19 unfolding since March and the impact on corporate workplace foodservices.
Our disruptive catering consultancy has networked with 40 caterers, large and small, and many corporate organisations, responsible for feeding anywhere from 800 to 3000 employees, pre-COVID-19.
We’ve amassed data (from MINTEL’s “The Future of Eating Out | Impact of COVID-19” Report), insight and best practice. We now share our view of the world of foodservices to support corporate organisations, and UK economy, manage the changing landscape post COVID-19.
With working from home looking set to remain the norm, on-site staff restaurants and workplace hospitality will continue to be affected by reduced on site office working populations. This presents a huge challenge to those in facilities, responsible for feeding those who matter the most to their business.
COVID-19 has accelerated the evolution of innovation around foodservices to deliver food and drink to employees at work or the office and at home differently.
TAF’s report presents a unique insight into how the market has changed, how employees have transformed and what innovations should inspire a new foodservice era.
According to Simon Sinek, author of “Start With Why?”, we face a new era of radical uncertainty and disruption brought about by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, as well as climate change, financial crises, terrorism, Brexit, demographic changes in the labour market and rapid transformation from digital technology.
Simon says COVID-19 is a black swan event: an unpredictable event beyond what is typically expected of a situation with potentially severe consequences, being extremely rare and having a severe impact. An event forcing companies and entire industries to rethink their global supply chain models.
TAFTALKS REPORT FOCUS
TAF focuses on the customer (or workplace foodservice employee) and explores what’s going in their mind today to:
- LEARN best practice on leading/adapting during disruption,
- UNDERSTAND how to adapt foodservices and supply chain models,
- BUILD trust to help them accomplish during challenging times,
- IMPROVE critical workplace relationships to achieve results, reflect, rebuilt and reassure after the crisis, and
- DEAL with the black swan better – ensuring workforces are better fed, anywhere, anytime, as the most valuable asset of any organisation is its workforce and each and every employee.
TAFTALKS REPORT SUMMARY
- CUSTOMER INSIGHTS | What today’s customer looks like… TODAY, in a post COVID-19 world.
Our report highlights 13 Customer Insights: (1) Mind Body Wellness, (2) Quality vs Pricing, (3) Safety | Top of Mind, (4) Cashless Payments, (5) Tech Today, (6) Experiences & Online Experiential, (7) Rise of the Ready-Meal, (8) Eating Out Resurgence, (9) Treating Out, (10) Townie Takeaways, (11) Couples Catering, (12) Fast Food Gen-Zers and (13) Pizza Weathers Storm.
- DISRUPTIVE INNOVATIONS | How today’s contract catering and workplace foodservices have been disrupted… in a whole new world post COVID-19.
Our report highlights 10 Disruptive Innovations: (1) Al Fresco Dining, (2) Dark Kitchens/CPUs, (3) Experiential Marketing, (4) Grocerants, (5) Micro Markets, (6) Meal Kits/Ready-To-Cook, (7) Pop Up Catering, (8) Simplified Menus, (9) Desk Delivered and (10) Foodservice Collaborations.
- FUTURE FOODSERVICE FOCUS | And on to digital transformation… and what OPPORTUNITIES there are to cater for the post COVID-19 customer.
Our report highlights: (A) App Tech Disruption and ask if the right app technology is in place and (B) Techdine Disruption and ask UK facilities are prepared for a new way of thinking, turning the traditional contract catering model on its head.
- firstly, there is a whole new world of flexi-feeding workforces (and our economy) 24/7 at work and at home and
- secondly, our counter-parts in the rest of the world are already delivering foodservice solutions based on: disruptive innovation, restaurant quality food, unique packaging, no food waste, strategic marketing and reduced costs.
Our disruptive catering consultancy presents our industry-defining report at the industry’s first known socially-distanced face-to-face round table events on 21st October 2020 to corporate clients, among some of the biggest organisations on the planet.
We invite the corporate world to start thinking, engaging, sourcing, cooking, serving and performing differently in a post COVID-19 World of Corporate Catering!
For your post COVID-19 workplace catering consultancy needs, please do not hesitate to contact contact us.