I was only recently introduced (figuratively speaking) to Simon Sinek by Carey, back in November 2018 – in the early days of TAF Catering Consultancy. What an introduction. It lead to me, in an almost obsessed stalker-like manor, desperately seeking Simon out on his next visit to the UK. Hey presto, it’s just 3 months later and I’m seated here in Central Hall, Westminster (London, UK) with around a thousand others just like me, waiting to be inspired to ACT, to CHANGE, to THINK DIFFERENTLY. Simon did not disappoint.
In a nutshell, his latest anecdotal talk was all about “Discovering The Infinite Game” in order for us to create a unique CODE for ourselves which he coined “5 Life Lessons”:
- HAVE A JUST CAUSE | Create an ideal future state to give your work meaning / purpose
- TRUST IN YOUR TEAM | Create an environment where people can work to their best in a trusting team!
- HAVE A WORTH ADVERSARY | Create a rival, someone better than you; not to hate but to admire and respect, to allow you to stay on the game, on your game.
- BE EXISTENTIALLY FLEXIBLE | In a finite game, the game ends. In an infinite game, the players stop play. Create ways to ensure you, as a player, stay in the game? Find a better way to advance your cause.
- HAVE COURAGE TO LEAD | Challenge the system. Stand up & say ‘No!’. Be the first. Say “I don’t know what I’m doing.” Admit fallibility. Play to win.